- Admission to the Undergraduate Research Track.
- A brief research plan, approved by the student's senior thesis committee, must be filed with the Department of Mathematics and with the College of Arts and Sciences, by the end of the first semester after the student's admission to the Undergraduate Research Track.
- Completion of Undergraduate Research (MATH 499).
- Completion of at least 12 hours of mathematics courses numbered 500 and above beyond the major requirements. These courses must be approved by the Undergraduate Director.
- A senior thesis, embodying original research, approved by the student's senior thesis committee.
- A public presentation of the research in the senior thesis in a venue approved by the thesis advisor.
- A GPA of at least 3.60 in mathematics courses numbered 500 and above and an overall GPA of at least 3.30.