The General Mathematics Track
- Linear Algebra
This requirement can be fulfilled with Linear Algebra (MATH 544) or with Numerical Linear Algebra (MATH 526). Major credit may not be received for both MATH 526 and MATH 544. While MATH 544 is a 3 hour course, MATH 526 is a 4 hour course that includes of computational laboratory component.
- Algebraic Structures I (MATH 546)
- Analysis I (MATH 554)
- Discrete Mathematics I (MATH 574)
- Select at least one course selected from the following list.
- Elements of General Topology (MATH 534)
- Vector Analysis II (MATH 550)
- Applied Complex Variables (MATH 552)
- The major requires 6 additional hours of MATH courses numbered above 500, selected in consultation with the advisor.