Mathematics Placement Tests
Select the version of the Mathematics Placement Test that you need to take. Please, read the instructions carefully before proceeding.
- When you click on the link for the version of the MPT you wish to take, you will be asked to enter your UofSC Network Username and Password. As soon as your identity has been verified, you will be taken to the exam. If you do not know your Network Username and/or Password, then please visit my.sc.edu to find your username and setup your password.
- Calculators, or any other external aid are NOT permitted.
- All questions are multiple choice.
- Answer each question as it appears, and click the "Next" button to go to the next question. You may use the browser's "Back" button to navigate to previous questions.
- The amount of time remaining to complete the test is displayed along with each question. When you have finished the last question on the test, you will be given the option to review all your answers and to make desired changes.
- Press the "Submit" button only when you are completely finished with the test.
- After you have submitted your exam, your results will be displayed. The summary includes a link to an "Expanded Results" page that provides a question-by-question account of the problems you missed, together with links to the online college algebra text (WebAlg). This will help you improve your abilities in the general area of the problem.
- It takes two to three business days for your Mathematics Placement Test score to be loaded into the student record maintained by the Registrar Office
|PreCalculus Placement Test||Algebra Placement Test|